Village of Britton Logo

Welcome to the Village of Britton

Welcome to Michigan’s Great Britton! We are a small farming community with friendly faces. We are always willing to lend a helping hand when needed and meet a new friend. We are proud to say that many of the current residents in our village are direct descendents of its founders.

 

 

 

Britton village park1 200    

Britton Village Park

Woods to Park

Britton can be proud of its park which came into being soon after the free shows were started in 1922. Businessmen saw the need for such facilities and took action to start a park. They leased about seven acres of land between the school house and the railroad right-of-way. The land had belonged to Roy Britton, a veterinarian and rural mail carrier. Farmers brought their teams and aided the townsmen in moving stones and leveling the land. A well for a water supply was dug, and proved to be a flowing one. Tables were made and put in place. Ernest DuBois made a swing for children. The Boy Scouts built a rock garden, women set out trees, the Kiwanis Club built a wading pool, a shuffleboard court was made, a bridge was constructed over the creek, a foot-bridge was built, and additional improvements are being made.

At the time Alexander Gibson was village president, the land for the park was given to the village by the Brittons. The park, one any community could be proud of, is maintained by the village.

- taken from Bygone Days, the Britton-Macon Area Camp Fire Girls and Leaders, page 76.

 

 

McKinney 546px

McKinney Park

 

     

 Becker Park

 

Contact Information

Clerk - Donna Cline
President - Richard Frazier
Village Office 517-451-2171
brittonoffice@tc3net.com

Britton Village Office

120 College Ave. PO Box 436

Britton, MI 49229

For more information, click on the Contact Us button on the menu.